Sherry J. Jones
Characteristics of the Position: Under the general direction of the County Judge/Executive, assist in carrying out administrative and fiscal functions of county government. Serve as Fiscal Court Clerk and performs related work as required.
Examples of Duties:
Fiscal Court Clerk
- Attend and record minutes of all meetings of Fiscal Court.
- Prepare minutes for approval by Fiscal Court.
- Distribute copies of minutes to Fiscal Court members, County Attorney, and County Treasurer for review prior to approval.
- Index minutes for Fiscal Court Order Book.
- Prepare county ordinances, orders, and resolutions.
- Prepare all legal advertisements and submit to local newspaper.
- Maintain composite index of all county ordinances.
- Maintain Fiscal Court Order Books.
- Prepare correspondence relating to Fiscal Court.
- Receive claims and prepare for Fiscal Court.
- Enter claims in computer system.
- Prepare claims list for Fiscal Court.
- After Fiscal Court approval, print checks for signature.
- Maintain financial reports and compare with Treasurer at least once a month.
- Prepare recurring claims for payment.
- Receive money for deposit from County Treasurer to prepare deposit.
- Prepare expenditure side of financial statements.
- Prepare monthly check registers and warrant distribution registers
- Reconcile appropriations ledgers with County Treasurer on a monthly basis.